- The theme to my college’s homecoming weekend. I have no desire to go to homecoming but I’m guessing it brings in a lot of money for the Alumni Association. Everything about the theme is silly, from the copy to the design of the logo. Slightly off-topic, but I follow the Alumni Association on Twitter and after they posted a #tbt photo of freshmen moving into dorms and asked for Move-In Memories, I exercised great restraint and did not post any of the 15 snarky responses that came to mind.
- The presidential election.
- The Pennsylvania Attorney General resigned this week after a tumultuous two years and a trial that ended with a felony conviction. My township’s beleaguered school board is supposed to be investigated by said Attorney General for violations of the state’s Sunshine Act and pushing through tax hikes and cutting programs despite hoarding a hefty surplus.
- Ryan Lochte. (Edit to add: I just saw a headline from Salon referring to him as Swim Shady and I am so jealous I did not think of that nickname that I can’t see straight.)
- Amy Schumer and the head writer of her show.
- Taking this blog out of anonymity.